Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Back-Up Plan.

Graduation is exactly three years away. For the next six semesters, I plan to study how to be an un-stoppable PR person with wicked marketing smarts and cunning creativity. But, if for some reason the job market crashes and I'm left with an unused degree and an unlimited amount of time, I feel that I need a back-up plan of potential careers to support my addiction to anything silver or sparkly and frozen yogurt. 

Thus I have compiled a list of day-jobs that I would find enjoyable. 

(In no particular order)

1. Cat Walker 

Has anyone ever even stopped and wondered why dogs are the only pets that people walk? Maybe cats want in on the fun too. With my revolutionary training program, people will be able to stroll through the neighborhood with their beloved feline on a leash in 2 weeks or less.
Projected Salary:
Still working on it. 

2. Food Critic

Go to fancy restaurants and get paid to eat their food and write reviews on it? Yes please.
Projected Salary:
$65,873 is apparently the national average. I'll take it.

3. Professional Ballerina

I've been doing a workout program called Barre 3 that's supposedly derived from ballet. I'm pretty decent at it.
Projected salary:
$21,100

4. Personal Chef

I make a wicked PB&J and am unparalleled in the art of the scrambled egg. 
Projected salary:
$30,000-50,000


5. Award Winning Novelist


I'll publish my memoir and make millions.
Projected salary:
Millions.


6. Kid Chauffeur


Moms always complain about hauling their kids to soccer practice and gymnastics and back, so I'd just do it for them.
Projected salary: Still working on it.


7. Shark Forecaster 


Skittish beach-goers would pay me to scan the surrounding shoreline for sharks, using state of the art technology. Shark attack reports would disappear overnight, and I would get to live by the ocean!
Projected salary: Still working on it.


8. Tree Climber


Kids these days are always getting things stuck in trees: frisbees, balls, themselves. Using my agile climbing skills, I would heroically rescue these precious objects before the relief filled parents hand me a think wad of green ones.
Projected salary: Still working on it.


9. Party Planner


I would throw some pretty epic bashes while keeping bratty 16 year olds in check.
Projected salary:
$47,000


10. Firework Technician 


Cuidado con el fuego! 
Projected salary: 
$49,000. (Apparently it's a real job, I thought I had just made it up.)




I plan on mixing and matching potential careers to fit my monetary needs and lifestyle. Bring it on, adulthood.




#3. Me at one of my future performances. I'm not a fan of my partner though, he looks kind of creepy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment