I should have known that I would end up blogging quite a bit about my little sister Bethany. My AP English teacher senior year said, "an author repeats what is important to an author," and boy does Bethany keep popping up in my posts and BOY is she important to me.
Yesterday, I spent the latter part of the afternoon traipsing through the neighborhood with her at my side. She rode her scooter beside me as we walked to the park, singing me the songs she has learned for her school's performance of "Suessical." She is simply adorable. When we arrived at the park, she made me spin her around on the tire swing until she described her current state as "barfy" and shakily climbed off.
Feeling woozy and barfy wasn't enough to dampen this girl's spirits though.
After going to the park we headed down a trail to the creek in our neighborhood. Bethany's eyes twinkled with delight when I suggested we take our shoes off and dip our toes in the rushing water of the creek (I love these moments when I get to be the cool big sister and let her do things Mom normally wouldn't.) We explored a little more before heading home and playing volleyball in the yard barefooted. The day was warm so taking our shoes off seemed like the most appropriate way to play.
After we ate dinner that night, I knew that I wouldn't be content just to sit around inside since it was such a gorgeous evening. So me and Bethany headed to the OTHER park near our house. We swung on the swings and kicked the soccer ball around for a little bit before she decided she wanted to play "princess." She climbed up the steps of the jungle gym and began walking down with her nose in the air, saying "peasants...minions....servants.....GET BACK TO WORK!" as she descended. This happened three or four times, and I think I was referred to as a peasant at least once in helping her cross the mini zipline that the playground has.
The last time she came down her "royal staircase," she did so yelling at her imaginary subjects as well as doing a little booty shake move here and there as well as gracing the kingdom with a musical number in which she would stick her hand under her armpit and make farting noises.
A country being ruled by Bethany probably would have never seen a stricter ruler than she, and they CERTAINLY wouldn't have had a funnier one.
On the way home, she started singing again before trying to hold my hand and ride her scooter at the same time. I don't know how she does it, but not a day goes by when she doesn't do SOMETHING to melt my heart and make me laugh. Bethany Caroline Jin is an extraordinary girl who will absolutely do amazing things in life.
I adore her.
Yesterday, I spent the latter part of the afternoon traipsing through the neighborhood with her at my side. She rode her scooter beside me as we walked to the park, singing me the songs she has learned for her school's performance of "Suessical." She is simply adorable. When we arrived at the park, she made me spin her around on the tire swing until she described her current state as "barfy" and shakily climbed off.
Feeling woozy and barfy wasn't enough to dampen this girl's spirits though.
After going to the park we headed down a trail to the creek in our neighborhood. Bethany's eyes twinkled with delight when I suggested we take our shoes off and dip our toes in the rushing water of the creek (I love these moments when I get to be the cool big sister and let her do things Mom normally wouldn't.) We explored a little more before heading home and playing volleyball in the yard barefooted. The day was warm so taking our shoes off seemed like the most appropriate way to play.
After we ate dinner that night, I knew that I wouldn't be content just to sit around inside since it was such a gorgeous evening. So me and Bethany headed to the OTHER park near our house. We swung on the swings and kicked the soccer ball around for a little bit before she decided she wanted to play "princess." She climbed up the steps of the jungle gym and began walking down with her nose in the air, saying "peasants...minions....servants.....GET BACK TO WORK!" as she descended. This happened three or four times, and I think I was referred to as a peasant at least once in helping her cross the mini zipline that the playground has.
The last time she came down her "royal staircase," she did so yelling at her imaginary subjects as well as doing a little booty shake move here and there as well as gracing the kingdom with a musical number in which she would stick her hand under her armpit and make farting noises.
A country being ruled by Bethany probably would have never seen a stricter ruler than she, and they CERTAINLY wouldn't have had a funnier one.
On the way home, she started singing again before trying to hold my hand and ride her scooter at the same time. I don't know how she does it, but not a day goes by when she doesn't do SOMETHING to melt my heart and make me laugh. Bethany Caroline Jin is an extraordinary girl who will absolutely do amazing things in life.
I adore her.

No comments:
Post a Comment