Insecurities are a part of life. It seems like everyone has something about themselves that they don't like. I was watching a show on National Geographic the other day about a girl in some European country who wanted to be tall so badly that she had actually had her legs broken so they would heal longer, thus making her taller. Crazy! As I was watching, I had to stop and think for a moment about how over the course of last semester I was insecure about the very opposite feature of the European. Being on a college cheerleading squad, I absolutely hated my height. I was one of the tallest girls on my team, and I would have done anything to shrink about five inches.
When my insecurities threaten to steal my joy, I try to remember that God gave me the body I have for a reason, and I am a beautiful creation in His eyes. Complaining about the way I was made is almost like a slap in God's face. I'm choosing to love who I am and be confident in how I was created, because I love my Creator and know He made me exactly how He wanted.
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."
Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."
Genesis 1:31
No comments:
Post a Comment