I've only been home from IWU for about 30 hours, but every single 60 minute interval has been fabulous so far.
I walked in to the old homestead yesterday to an excited mom and Fidget waiting to surprise me with a non-IWU sponsored Finals Survival Kit complete with crayons, a Hello Kitty coloring book, Sour Patch Kids, a People magazine, sidewalk chalk, water balloons, a jump rope, fly swatter, book, and Penguins of Madagascar DVD. I was beyond excited. Am I 9 or 19? Sometimes I'm not really sure...
This morning I woke up after a glorious sleep and went to China Cottage with my mom. If you're ever in Centerville and start craving Chinese food (it happens to all of us), China Cottage is the place to go. My family has been ordering from there for 12 years, so we know our way around the menu pretty well.
After filling up on Hunan chicken and crab rangoons, I convinced my mom to take me to Trader Joe's for some delicious hummus (be jealous, Hannah and Liz) and Target because I love it there. Anyone who knows me knows that Target is my happy place.
After Fidge (my 8 year old sister Bethany who has a knack for not being able to sit still) got off the bus, the two of us decided to spend our afternoon pretending to be world class bakers. We made perfect batches lemon bars and brownies, and then the rest of the family joined us to make soft pretzels which turned out to be delicious.
To top the night off, Fidget and I uncovered a goldmine in the form of Exercise TV On Demand...score! We ended up converting the basement into a dance/kick boxing/yoga studio and got our sweat on. Working out with an 8 year old proved to be a good experience, especially since the one I had on hand possesses endless energy and loves to try new things.
Good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment