Monday, April 25, 2011

As I'm Swimming Through the Stereo I'm Writing You a Symphony of Sound

Creating solid mix CD's is a lost art. I feel that people do not exchange music like they used to because of the spike in illegal downloading in recent days. Don't get me wrong, learning how to download music for free is among the beneficial life lessons I have learned this year, but I still appreciate a good mix CD. 

In my perfect world, people would trade mixes like kids traded Pokemon cards in the 90's (guilty). When I download cool music, I like spreading it around. I get a feeling of satisfaction when I introduce someone to a new song or band that they had never heard of before and end up loving. I like hearing other people's finds and favorites too! I'm always on the lookout for bands to get obsessed with and songs to play on repeat.  

Current favorites that got me through a record 2 hour and 15 minute drive across the rainy countryside of Indiana alone:

1. I'll Never Let You Go - Third Eye Blind (Old, but classic.)
2. Slide - The Goo Goo Dolls (They are coming to Dayton in July!)
3. Fall for Anything - The Script
4. Dog Days are Over - Florence + The Machine
5. Written in the Stars - Tinie Tempah (LOVE this song, but I'm predicting the radio will kill it by overplaying. Hate it when that happens.)

Mix for a mix?


No comments:

Post a Comment